Another project for my friends was to make a roman shade for their kitchen window. The project began when S contacted me to make a faux shade for the window, a relatively simple DIY (here). They’d been looking at roman shades in stores, but hadn’t found one in their price range that they liked. It seemed like a quick and simple project, so I agreed.
But a week or two after we’d talked about it, I stumbled across a tutorial for making a real roman shade (here and here). And so, with their enthusiastic permission, I took on that project instead. I procrastinated terribly for a few weeks, afraid to mess it up. But once I finally got started, it was actually quite straightforward.
I didn’t take pictures of the process, but it turned out really well.
I think they’re very happy with it, too. 🙂
If you’re looking for a roman shade, send me a note! I’m always happy to discuss custom work of this kind. (There will be a slight delay in production time of about 2 weeks in order to get my sewing machine back on its feet.)
Enjoy this beautiful weather!